taken by PAO <3Pao. music, long walks, illustrating dreams, tennis, films, collecting memories, gigs, fruit juices, posters, scribbles, choosing. Flickr. Folio. more?

 

Past
Lerma Scenes
paolosruiz
Balance the Tie
Sobrang Metal ni Miki
paoloruiz
I Think You Are As Well
Three Lights
Brushing the Load
Three Inches Thick
paoloruiz

Reads

Dan. Migs. Pepe and Jin. Vins. AR. Ailene. Gigi. Bryant. Crizzy. IE. Dean. Joeven. Jessica Zafra. Ich. Fred. RSio. Saab Magalona. Ping Medina. Closa.

Support

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Tela at Tinta. Make your own badge here.

Support Tela at Tinta Designs
Buy a shirt now!

Inspiration
Inksurge
Post Secret
Team Manila
The Asylum
Guadakomeda
Hue Visualab
WeWorkForThem
Electrolychee
Designgraphik

Thursday, February 08, 2007

I Am The Latter

Of Stray Dogs And Lower Life Forms

February 8, 2007
10:14 am

The tone of my cell phone woke me up this morning. Early morning texters never fail to wake me up most of the time. But instead of reading a redundantly-forwarded-good-morning quote, good news stood before me. My professor will not make it to our class this morning. Thus, no classes today.

I decided to go jogging instead.

The first time I did this, I was with my brother. But today, I went alone. I only had my ipod with me, with some Incubus tunes playing. This was a dream come true – to go jogging with some music on.

I stretched, and then I jogged. The tunes in my ipod gave me a hyped feeling to go on. Feeling the warmth of the morning sun upon my face, a stray dog waited for me a few meters away. What the hell. I thought there was a stray-dog-ban sort of law legislated in this subdivision. Damn.

So I went on. As my feet approached this stray dog, I hear his fierce bark, echoing on the serene grounds of the subdivision. Every step of my feet made seemed to be slowly taken. The growl of the dog consistently reverberated. As I got nearer, I told myself “There is no turning back now, Pao.” So I conquered to road before the dog. I stared at the dog. The dog stared back. I looked at him viciously. The dog did not blink an eye. I gave him the face. The dog fell silent, and just walked away with pure humility. I was victorious.

Okay. I threw a lie. This is what really happened.

When I saw a violent stray dog from afar, I decided to take another route. In that way, I will arrive home with my limbs still intact with my body.

I jogged. I perspired like no other. Mouth opened. Legs ached. I decided to call it off. Only after five rounds of running. I guess that was just enough for a day.

So I guess this would be the part of the entry where the writer is suppose to apply what happened to some sort of a moral value in life huh? To be honest, I cannot think of anything right now. My body is still in fatigue and my head is dead dizzy from the heat. I might puke in a few minutes.

2 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*pat*

The dog must have been intimidated by the sight of running stick.

*runs*

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dammit. there should be an "a" there. T_T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Takipsilim (c) Pao
Layout (c) Angeli
Image (c) Pao

Since 2005
?