taken by PAO <3Pao. music, long walks, illustrating dreams, tennis, films, collecting memories, gigs, fruit juices, posters, scribbles, choosing. Flickr. Folio. more?

 

Past
Three Lights
Brushing the Load
Three Inches Thick
paoloruiz
paoloruiz
Rip off my shirt. Please.
Oh Yeah! Im Smiling!
paoloruiz
paoloruiz
I Did Not Kill JFK

Reads

Dan. Migs. Pepe and Jin. Vins. AR. Ailene. Gigi. Bryant. Crizzy. IE. Dean. Joeven. Jessica Zafra. Ich. Fred. RSio. Saab Magalona. Ping Medina. Closa.

Support

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Tela at Tinta. Make your own badge here.

Support Tela at Tinta Designs
Buy a shirt now!

Inspiration
Inksurge
Post Secret
Team Manila
The Asylum
Guadakomeda
Hue Visualab
WeWorkForThem
Electrolychee
Designgraphik

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I Think You Are As Well

Watching the news every night disheartens me. Most news-worthy materials these days are of the negative pole of the line. Reading the paper only exacerbates what I feel. Not much difference.

Opening my eyes to our country's realities gives me the impression that we are in a deep shit. It is deep enough that it can swallow every Filipino's palpitating hearts and deprived souls. The shit is deep enough that its stench would incessantly penetrate our daunted veins with a huge amount of vindictiveness, and we will subsequently just fall on our knees, while we watch our nobility slip through our fingers. This shit is indomitable.

I proved myself wrong just last night.

I usually take a jeepney on my way home, and I commonly sit in front. I go home late, so the breeze outside is just enough to make me not regret my decision of not taking the FX instead. Plus, jeepney fares are 15 - 20php cheaper.

So, I was on my way down, when the driver held my arm. I was alarmed. When I looked at him, he was staring to his side mirror. I then gazed at the same direction. A motorbike, with an approximate speed of 80-100kph, suddenly rushed on the side where I am supposed to alight. The driver told me: "Muntik ka na dun kung di yun nakita."

I paused for a split second, and thanked the driver, then went down.

While I was walking to the next jeepney terminal, I realized that the shit that we are in is not that deep after all. Maybe its stench is indeed strong, but simple acts such as what I have experienced will drive it away.

I forgot to pay my fare by the way. I was so perplexed with the traffic that night. I'm in deep shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Takipsilim (c) Pao
Layout (c) Angeli
Image (c) Pao

Since 2005
?