As To What I Do
As indicated in a previous post, I am now employed. Maybe this is a sign of getting old, or maybe this is just a manifestation of growth. Either way, I am now an official member of the Philippine Work Force.
I work as a Sourcing Assistant for Advanced Contact Solutions (ACS). Human resource basically. I provide the pool of applicants for the recruiting department of the company to call out, I do initial interviews, and I market the company to other people. These are just some of the basic tasks my work describes. And to be honest, I did not dream of this job.
I have a lot of responsibilities in the office. This week, I must call every university in Metro Manila, and request for the list of their graduates this past school year. By next week, the whole Rizal. The day after, the whole Bulacan, Qeuezon, Laguna, Batangas and the list goes on. And the process does not stop after the call. I still need to consolidate the schools availability, for I will personally get the list from them. How fun could this be?
Plus, I do handle the ads of the company in Manila Bulletun. I do the layouts, i process the payments, and I do everything that falls in between. This would have been the fun part of the job, however, the higher people still have the creative control over the ads. Therefore, it is still them who conceptualize. One way of putting it is that, they think, I work. Maybe I should just teach them how to manipulate Adobe Photoshop.
On a lighter and more positive note, this is the first time that I have real tasks and real responsibilities in my hands. For the forst time, many people count on me. The tasks that I have right now will not earn me some good points from my professor and some good grades in my transcript. This time, the responsibilities that I have are more demanding.
I can do this. I shall do this. This would finally hit me in the head, and remind me of the term "responsibility." Something that I direly need.





Pao. music, long walks, illustrating dreams, tennis, films, collecting memories, gigs, fruit juices, posters, scribbles, choosing. 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home