My Wallet is Not Placed There
December 16, 2005
1:04am
I had to look for my sleep. So I browsed the television. But it was not sleep that I found. I witnessed footages of policemen subduing young Filipino activists on the streets. It was my first time to see such recording on T.V., but it was the first time it actually has gotten my attention. I amplified the volume of the tube.
A female activist of UP Diliman was being interviewed. She was giving out her sordid slash traumatic experience. She blurted out that it was on a rally in Mendiola, where she was harassed by a couple of policemen. While two were holding her in both arms, one placed a hand in her back pocket and started caressing her butt. She also narrated that she filed a complaint for the incident. But all she received from the officials were smirks and “Magagalit ako sa pulis na ‘yon iha, dahil ginawa nya iyon ng wala ako.”
Even the Philippine National Police’s (PNP) Secretary, Sec. Reyes, was laughing silently with his colleagues after the said female activist’s declaration during a hearing. I assume respect has lost its way.
It disturbs me knowing that the people I would depend my life on in the moments of sheer circumstances do these.
There were two kinds of people our back pockets should be weary of after all. The snatchers and the policemen. Alarming.





Pao. music, long walks, illustrating dreams, tennis, films, collecting memories, gigs, fruit juices, posters, scribbles, choosing. 
1 Comments:
Nice one, pao.
Btw, you know, you can stop these f*cking spam posts by activating the word verification thing. I had my junk comments removed when I activated it.
Like Johnnie Walker, keep on bloggin', dude. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home